Happy Valentine’s Day! February the 14th (sung in the key of Outkast!) I hope you enjoy the day with the people you love!
Jacket, Earrings, Necklace, Bracelet, Clutch: mark.
T-shirt, Express. Mint jeans, Tillys. Lace pumps, Shoedazzle.
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner time to start planning! If date night is on your agenda here’s some outfit inspiro: Girly Dress + Leather Jacket. The pairing is flirty but not too formal with the casual leather jacket. This way, us girls get to dress up but still look cool and casual.
For my girly dress I’m wearing the mark. About Lace Dress ($42). Purple is an under appreciated color for Valentine’s day. It’s in the same family of pinks and reds only a little more dark and a little more royal. This dress definitely works the girly factor with it’s fit and flare shape, silky fabric and lace detailing. I love a good lace detailing, esp for a date night look!
Even though this dress is seriously spring it’s still February and cold, so tights and a jacket are a must. I think opaque black tights and a black leather jacket looks best. They don’t complicate the look but bring a level of sleekness. Good thing my favorite mark. Attention To Detail Tights ($18) are still going strong and this old mark. faux leather jacket is seeing some use after getting it at the end of the season last spring (last seen here).
With a crew neck like this dress has I always think a statement necklace is the perfect addition. The solid colored base is the perfect canvas to showcase the mark. Clear Choice Necklace ($38). I love its vintage-y look with the lace detailing of the dress.
To finish off a date night look try the perfect makeup look, get my Valentine’s Day Makeup look here. Of course you’ll need a perfect little bag, like the mark. Glam Glimmer Clutch ($28). It’s big enough to hold all the essentials but small enough to drag along to wherever the night might take you! Plus the metallic snakeskin pattern is a little “cool girl” to help toughen up your girly dresss.
The combination of girly dress + leather jacket isn’t just for date night, try it for any of your upcoming occasions; girls night, lunch, casual work environment, etc… It’s comfortable but still looks very put together and chic. You can shop my look at http://www.youravon.com/aliciahessinger and get it in time for Valentine’s Day!
Need a quick, easy and totally achievable makeup look for Valentine’s Day!? No worries, because I have the BEST option that is not only easy but definitely date approved! As much as we want to believe most fellas aren’t into heavy makeup looks, so as much fun it is to play with a super bright blue smokey eye that’s better left for girls night. A killer Valentine’s Day look needs to be a little sweet, a little sultry and glowing!
To Get The Look:
1. Start with a good concealer! Sorry, under eye circles will just never be a “in look.” I used Avon Extra Lasting Concealer in Light Medium. Preface it with foundation if you’re a foundation kind of person, I typically am not.
2. Bronzer. Contour the cheekbones with a little bronzer since a little color in February is necessary. I used Avon Glow Bronzing Powder.
3. Touch and Glow. If you don’t know what mark. Touch and Glow is then get with the program! It’s the most wonderful (and highly acclaimed) cream to powder multi-tasking pallet out there (and way cheaper than Bobbi Brown Shimmer Cubes!). Use the top left shade all over the lid then use the bottom left shade to highlight the brow bone and inner corner. I prefer just to use my finger for this, it works the best for me! THEN swirl all the shades together with a blush brush and apply the apple of the cheeks. LASTLY I like to use a foundation brush and just highlight the top of the cheek bones and above the brow bone with a little more touch and glow. So basically, mark. Touch and Glow is the secret to a killer Valentine’s Day look!
4. Finish off the eyes with winged out liner using mark.’s new cream liner, Saved By The Gel in Black Board. Use the included brush for a decently thick line across the upper lash line then flip the brush over and used the angled side to get the perfect flicked out wing. Get the lots of lashes look with mark. Lash Act in Blackest Black, and don’t forget to curl those lashes first!
5. Lastly finish off your look with a light pink lip in mark. All Butter Now Lip Treat in Baby Me. What’s amazing about All Butter Now is it wears like a balm so a soft moisturized lip with a great color payoff. What could be more perfect for kissable lips for Valentine’s Day!?
Ta-da super easy and super achievable look with mark. products. I love this look because it let’s your face shine through but you still look done up effortlessly. You’ll look stunning for date night, hanging with your friends or even just to wear to work! It seriously works for almost any occasion since it’s not too done up. You can shop the products used here and get them in time for Valentine’s Day (and beyond!) Now this look is even better on Lucy Hale on the cover of the Lot’s To Love mark. Magalog 2 so if I didn’t inspire you for Valentine’s Day maybe she can! (only I totally think she’s wearing mark. All Butter Now in Pop Tart instead of Baby Me, but you can’t go wrong with either!)