If rain on your wedding day is lucky, what is arson forest fire smoke? I’m just under 2 weeks from my big day which is seeming to be ruined by the King fire since its barely contained and still spreading. There is no way you can plan to avoid something like this but I can plan for the other small “fires” that are bound to happen on my wedding day with a DIY Bridal Survival Kit.
thesalonoutlet.com generously provided a product of my choice for review, with my upcoming wedding I knew I wanted a “train case” for all my beauty and survival needs. I selected the black soft makeup train case with shoulder strap ($39.99). It’s the perfect size with tons of compartments to keep me organized and hold everything I need. As I’ve been getting closer I’ve been adding bits and pieces here and there to build the kit.
DIY Bridal Survival Contents:
- Advil (or pain reliever of choice)
- Shoe Inserts (heel grips and sole)
- Blister Stick
- Chalk (to cover up any last minute smudges or smears on your wedding dress)
- Clear nail polish (for runs or nails)
- Nail File
- Corsage pins
- Dental floss/toothpicks
- Eye drops/contact solution
- Eye makeup remover (for smudges)
- Primer (mark. Primed for Perfection) and Powder (mark. PowderBuff)
- Extra earring backs
- Hair pins/ponytail holder
- Tail Comb
- Shine Serum (for fly aways)
- Perfume (Avon Femme)
- Hand towelettes
- Hem tape
- Mini sewing kit
- Safety pins
- Scotch tape
- Small folding scissors
- Spot remover (aka shout to go wipes)
- Static-cling spray
- Straws (to protect the lipstick)
- Travel size shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and toothpaste (since mine is an out of town/across the country for some wedding and who knows who forgot what)
- Breath mints/gum
- Extra phone charger
- Lady Stuff
- Nuts and granola bars (hangry is not a fun wedding day feeling)
Avon’s new Anew Vitale line is the perfect duo to pack. It helps stressed and sleep deprived skin look awake and refreshed. Def a must have for the weekend. I’ve also been saving these firming eye gels for a day-of beauty treat! Other face must haves are gentle cleanser from Liz Earle, mark. Powderbuff, mark. Primed for Perfection, mark. Mist Opportunity all to create the perfect pallet!
At my friend Mary’s wedding I noticed how all night long she smelled AMAZING! I want to copy her with a nice clean scent, so far Avon Femme is the leading candidate, perfect for a wedding!
I still need to finish packing this little survival kit along with a million other things on the to do list before October 4th, but at least my train case from thesalonoutlet.com is the perfect fit for it! Fingers crossed this King Fire gets under control and clears out so I can survive my wedding weekend!