5 years ago on this day in 2012 I started this little spot on the internet! There may be more pictures but the game is the same. In it’s honor I’m picking a few favorite posts from each year to look back on, which will be REALLY REALLY difficult, but here’ we go!
2012 – the beginning:
- 2012 was the year I got in the mixed mani game… and here’s my post to prove it: Nail Trend: Mixed Media Nails
- 2012 also had some killer capsule collections from mark. like the Night Iris collection with a Rebecca Minkoff colab and the Hamptons Instant Vacation were 2 of my all time ever favorites
- Week O’Nautical also got it’s blog birth in 2012 with this all white look, White As A Sail, being one of my all time favorites (sidenote 2012 was also my best looking year in my opinion, who says turning 30 was a bad thing!?!)
- I really stepped up my picture taking game in 2013, mastering that self timer and getting a DSLR. I’ve always loved this What To Wear… With All look, especially with the sun beaming in against this ivy background which I used a lot here on WOA. Want to know a secret, it’s a dumpster by my old office in a parking lot. That’s right, I use a dumpster as my background, WORD YO!
- 2013 was my first blog collab with Jackie from Living After Midnight! Wear and Share Wed had some great looks but this Wear and Share Wed: Go For Baroque was a favorite not only of my look but also of Jackie’s!
- My all time most viewed post comes from 2013 5 Must Haves For A Hawaiian Vacation!
- I had to add an extra fav from 2013 including two of my all time favorite looks, How I Wore It: Skinny Pants and Copy Cat – Express Peplum Look
- The biggest event in 2014 definitely was my wedding even though I didn’t blog about it much, but I did share my wedding nails and bridal shower nails! Maybe someday I’ll get around to getting those wedding details blogged. I also had some really good mani posts with Pumpkin Spiced Mani and Wear And Share Wed with a Valentine’s Day Mani
- Week O’Nautical is definitely my favorite series and in 2014 I had 2 favorites, Guard Orange because the pictures turned out great and Warm Cabana Striped Nights which is not only an outfit I love to repeat, but also a WOA fan favorite.
- Sequins hit WOA good real nice in 2014 with Wear and Share Wednesday Effortless Edge Sweatshirt and some 4th Of July Stars and Sparkles.
- I feel this little blog of mine brought my love for Target designer collars to a new level. Not only does the thrill of the hunt get me excited but so does also sharing my finds on here because let’s be honest you know my husband and most my friends could care less! Lilly for Target from 2015 has to have been one of my all time fav Target collabs and a few posts to prove it; Fishes on Fishes First Timer, a bag feature here, and Essie for Lilly For Target.
- Beauty posts were upped in 2015. I’m a HUGE beauty fan but I don’t photograph it well on my face, which is why I usually stick to product shots, which is my favorite thing to take pictures of! Favs: My Spring Fling With mark., Summer Makeup mark. Instant Vacation Buenos Aires Color Collection, Nailed It: Julep Smitten Kitten Box
- Looking back at my posts I totally remember how happy certain times made me with a peek at the outfit and this one was one of them! Plus I really liked my hair in this Week O’Nautical Beach Sweater post.
- 2016 was definitely the year of Jamberry. I signed up to be a hobbiest rep (you can too and get 30% off every order – contact me!). These little nail decals definitely gave me a new gig for Mani Mondays… fav post has to be this Icy Mani one, the pics turned out great, application was smooth and a pretty mani to boot!
- The mark. Instant Vacation capsule collections have been a big hit every year but in 2016 they went to Maui and it resulted in vacation memories, tropical post pics from my sister’s house and some new favorite tropical pieces!
- One of my favorite posts from 2016 was this April Showers one, taken completely on my phone while my husband was fishing and I was killing time. I just loved the umbrella pics and since it rarely rains in CA I loved capturing it on a rainy day!
- 2016 BONUS favorite was my Redbook feature for being an Avon Rep and my Word Of Alicia blog! I’m truly honored and humbled that anyone spends their precious time to look at my ramblings on the world wide web regarding my outfits, nails, current inspiration, etc… Thank you for reading and here’s to more misspellings, bad grammar and crappy pictures that I still feel the need to share on Word of Alicia in 2017!
Cheers to 5 years! Word Yo!