Hot days, warm nights, short shorts and flip flops… summer is here! As I get my summer glow on I need to start at the base, with a summer pedicure! Cute summer sandals demand cute summer toes so here’s my top summer pedi shades for summer!
1. Seafoam Mint – mark. Seafoam (from Nail This Look polish and ring set, last seen here), Essie Turquoise and Caicos (last seen here) or Avon Sea Breeze. Instead of going with a pale mint go with one that leans more towards turquoise, aka seafoam. For summer this really pairs well with silver, yellows and whites.
2. Summer Beige – Avon Barefoot Beige, Zoya Cho (last seen here) or Essie Cocktails and Coconuts. Beige is a little darker than nude and will work better with your summer tan. A beige on your toes is super work appropriate and really clean looking. Pair it with white, navy and reds for your summer holidays!
3. Neon Pink – mark. Pink Spark (from the Nail This Look Color and Bracelet Set $28), China Glaze Shocking Pink or Avon Mega Watt in Pop. Neons are a huge trend this season! Replace your standard summer go to, coral, with a neon pink. Your hot summer nights will thank you! Pairs perfectly with blacks, whites and nudes!
4. Neon Orange – mark. Orange Blast (from the Nail This Look Color and Bracelet Set $28) or Essie Serial Shopper, Julep Natasha (last seen here). Again with the neon trend but going with a super bright orange will definitely up your summer game. Pairs well with golds, browns, greens and navy.
5. Bright and Happy Blue – Julep Monaco (last seen here) or mark. Azure (from the Nail This Look Color and Flip Flop Set $28). Blues are a dime a dozen now and every collection for spring/summer seemed to include a bright and happy version of blue. So I picked the two that are standing out the most to me, Julep Monaco is the perfect cobalt and mark. Azure is the perfect mid range blue which makes it more wearable. Pairs well with silver, browns and pinks/corals.
Pedicures from the local nail joints are luxuries to me. I go for my birthday and maybe a random special occasion here and there. I just can’t seem to justify the $30-40 on a one time outing when I can achieve the same results, if not better, myself! Just apply that $ you would spend on a trip to the nail salon and get the proper supplies and get many, many pedicures out of that same investment! Here are my top must-have pedi products for at home pedicures… or just to maintain your summer feetsies!
1. Cuticle Remover – Avon Nail Experts Instant Gel Cuticle Remover
2. Foot Scrub – Avon Foot Works Beautiful Ginger and White Tea Smoothing Scrub
3. Foot Brush – Avon Double Sided Foot Brush (coming soon)
4. Foot Cream – Avon Foot Works Beautiful Ginger and White Tea Nourishing Cream
5. Foot Soak – Avon Foot Works Restorative Milky Foot Soak
I was gifted the Avon Foot Works line many Christmas’ ago by my now Sister-In-Law and I haven’t found better foot care products since. The prices are amazing and the formulas are just that amazing. I’m currently loving the Beautiful Ginger and White Tea line because it smells so spa worthy. If I were to add a #6 to this list I’d add the Avon Foot Works Beautiful Ginger and White Tea Clay Mask. I put this on, let it dry then rinse off in the shower in the mornings. It really helps my feet with the summer abuse I put them through and only takes like 2 minutes.
You can currently get the Foot Works Beautiful Ginger and White Tea 3-Piece Spa Treats Collection for $7.99… yes all 3 for $7.99! Or for $9.99 get the Avon Foot Works Beautiful and Healthy 4-piece Fabulous Foot Collection which includes the foot soak mentioned above, the dual action pedi-peel, the overnight renewing foot cream and the bonus sized maximum strength cracked heel cream. I mean for under $10 you can have what you need to do an at home pedi, then add a bottle of polish, a foot brush/pumice and cuticle cream and for the same price you’d spend one one trip to the salon you can do it on your own MANY times over. Think of all the money you’re going to save that can go toward that summer vacation… or more nail polish! Because let’s face it, I’m addicted.
Shop my summer pedi polish picks for summer 2014 and at home must have pedi products at my eBoutique: http://www.youravon.com/aliciahessinger Stay tuned for my next post a how to on actually giving yourself that at home diy pedicure using the products mentioned!