The half up messy bun is having a moment. I’m totally on board with this hairstyle for a few reasons.
1. It’s super easy. Who doesn’t like easy.
2. It’s super quick. I’m always late. ALWAYS. So having a hairstyle in my arsenal that’s quick and looks good is a must have.
3. It keeps your hair out of your face while still looking “done.”
4. It works with semi-wet hair. Again back to this whole late thing, I don’t have time to blow dry so I need some wet hair looks.
5. It was my go-to hair style in High School when I was running late. Obiv it looks way better now when I do it but who doesn’t like resurfacing old trends haha.
Here’s how I do it: Air dry my hair for a little bit, basically until my bangs are dry. Next I prep the hair with mark. Give It To Me Straight Super Smoothing Lotion. Then I separate about half my hair starting at about half inch above my ears. With this gathered hair I either twist into a bun or just create a messy ponytail bun, both secured with an elastic. By messy ponytail bun I mean I just go through the motions of doing a ponytail only I don’t pull the ends out. There’s no wrong way to do this, just create a non-perfect half up look. I then will round brush and blow-dry my bottom half of hair, finger comb/style my bangs and leave some face framing layers loose. Spray it all with a hair spray (John Frieda Frizz Ease Aerosol is my hair spray of choice.) Done!
Take a look at some inspiration on this look! https://www.pinterest.com/ach167/hair-tastic/
Who else is sporting the half up messy bun!?
One Comment Add yours